Do you have a Guess watch that has stopped running and needs a new battery?
Guess watches usually cost between $50 – $200 new so our customers are always balancing the cost of keeping their watch running with the price to purchase a new Guess.
There are 2 basic options on how to change a Guess watch battery:
(1) Have someone do it for you like Watch Gnome’s hassle free Guess battery replacement service. Our standard service starts at just $20 and takes a few days for our Door To Door service.
(2) You can work on changing your Guess watch battery yourself. If you are interested in the DIY solution, check out our Guess watch battery change guide below!
Here at WatchGnome, we often get questions about what it takes to change a Guess watch battery before customers order our service. We have changed hundreds of Guesses over the past few years and wanted to share our insights.
Hassle Free Battery ReplacementSee Pricing & Services >
How To Change A Guess Watch Battery Correctly
Guess watches are high quality, well constructed watches with tight, precision tolerances. This means it’s best to have a watch expert change the battery for a number of reasons:
- Tightly fitting watch casebacks: Almost all Guess watches have 1 of 2 different types of casebacks: (1) A stainless steel pop back that fits tightly in place by using the pressure of the case sides and a rubber gasket. Removing this case back requires a fine edged tool to gently open. (2) The other option is a screw back that requires the right tools and skill to remove them. Either of those options requires gentle steady pressure to get the watch open without slipping and scratching or damaging your case. Be careful! Replacing a case back could cost almost as much as the watch.
- One you have the Guess watch case opened, you will find a fine, metal battery restraint arm. Many of these watches have a small moveable arm made of thin metal that holds the battery in place and completes the electrical circuit. This arm is rather delicate and requires the loosening of a 1/2mm small screw to move it out of the way. It’s critical to do this carefully to prevent stripping the screw or slipping and damaging the watch coil.
- Top quality battery. Most Guess watches use a few different battery size, but it’s always critical to double check. Here at WatchGnome, we always make sure to use a top quality battery like Energizer or Sony in all Guess watches. It’s also critical to change the watch battery without touching it with your hands. It’s best to avoid getting the oils from your hands on it to reduce corrosion risk.
- Proper case resealing and screw tensioning. Once the battery has been changed, the next step is to replace the arm and gently retighten the retaining screw. Replace the face retainer clip, check the silicon / rubber gaskets and then then retighten the caseback.
Invest in Guess watch, invest in it’s care
If you have invested the money for automatic income in a high quality Guess and taken the time to find just the one you want, we recommend getting the battery changed by a reputable professional. We started Watch Gnome to provide top quality service at great prices so you never risk you Guess. Don’t cut corners with a fine timepiece when you a looking to change a Fossil Watch Battery.
Professional Guess Battery Change
100% By Mail | Affordable | FastSee Pricing & Services >