Great question! You spent hundreds of dollars on a precision made Swiss Army Watch but now it's stopped ticking. Do you need a Swiss Army Watch Battery Replacement? And how much is a Swiss Army watch battery?
- Just The Battery:
- About $7.50 - $10.00 per battery from a watch shop
- About $3.50 - $8.00 per battery purchased online although they usually come in packs of 5 or 10 batterys
- Battery + Replacement:
- Your local jeweler or shop will probably do it for $20 - $30
- A specialty watch shop or dealer will likely cost $35 - $60 depending on the type of watch and watch value
- Watch Gnome charges a flat rate for the battery & labor to change it entirely via the mail.
- Depending on the watch battery replacement service you choose they start at a flat $20. See Watch Gnome Prices.
Swiss Army Battery Cost
A high quality battery from manufacturers like Energizer or Sony will usually run the average consumer $7.50 - $10.00 at a watch store or battery store. Although many watch stores or kiosks can be reluctant to sell just a watch battery, because they usually make their money on the labor. It is often possible to find them cheaper online but they usually come in packages of 5 or more and then have another $5.00 - $10.00 in shipping. So if you want to stock up for 10 years of Swiss Army Batteries, it will probably cost you about $5.00 per battery.
We'll Change Your Swiss Army Battery!
100% Via Mail | Affordable | Professional
Other Tools Needed To Change A Battery
If you are thinking about changing a battery yourself also consider the other tools and costs.
- Watch Case Opener: Most Swiss Army watches require a resizable caseback opener which can be purchsed online or at a hobby store for about $30.00 - $40.00. While it may be possible to open these using other more DIY methods, we do recommend against it due to the possibility of damaging or severly scratching your watch.
- O-Ring: Most of the time, it's a good idea to change the rubber gasket in the Swiss Army watch too. These are usually purchased in bulk for $15 or $20. Again, you'll be stocked for 5 lifetimes.
- Tweezers: You may have these at home already, but they are important for putting the new battery into the Swiss Army watch. It's important not to touch any of the metal contacts or battery to prevent getting the oils from you hand on them. This can cause early corrosion or loss of conductivity.
Should I Change My Own Battery?
If you want to give a shot yourself, we applaud your independence! If you would prefer to have a professional change your Swiss Army Watch, then you still came to the right place! Watch Gnome has changed hundreds of MK watches and can do it in just a few days for only $30.
Watch Battery Replacement 100% By Mail
Powered by YOTPO